HANDS ON COOKING LESSONS ON GREEK CUISINE – CHEF FOR A DAY
Experience with all your senses a journey into time from the heart to the stomach and from nature to the pot. Aromas and flavours from the dishes you will cook and taste whisper tales people used to share round a table. After gathering the goods provided by the Greek land and sea, we will cook together some of the recipes which determine the Cycladic Cuisine. Simple, imaginative and delicious ranging from light, leafy salads to rich, aromatic casseroles we will share much loved recipes passed down through the generations.
The lessons can be arranged on request from Monday to Sunday.
Number of participants 1 – 12
Tel 6940 108 628
Duration about 3,5 hours and then lunch or dinner to enjoy all the dishes prepared !!
COOKING DEMONSTRATIONS AND TASTING OF CYCLADIC DISHES AND TRADITIONAL PRODUCTS
Come and join us for a cooking demonstration and interactive presentation of authentic Cycladic island cuisine. Experience in person how the recipes are prepared and then taste, share and enjoy some of the best traditional dishes and local products which remain undiscovered by holiday makers. Forgotten scents of dishes as old as the islands, local products and culinary ways reflect the cooking tales of those who lived and cultivated this land from ancient times.
The demonstration can be arranged on request for groups from 6 persons and more.
Tel 6940 108 628
IN HOME MEAL
Enjoy a traditional Cycladic meal at Maria’s table. Her cooking highlights fresh, organic ingredients, local cheeses, legumes, grains and wild herbs. Your meal will be heavily seasonal. A unique, traditional Greek meal that is outside the mainstream of Greek food. The menu might include dishes such as :
- salad with black-eyed beans, tomato, zucchini rocket, purslane and capers
- fava “padremeni” yellow split peas from Iraklia island served with slowly cooked onions, sun dried capers and sundried tomato
- vlita (local greens) with “tyrovolia” (local cheese from Syros island) and “petroti” (Cycladic cheese) in the oven with tomatoes
- “Pseftopeteino” with eggplant, fresh tomato, herbs, “chilopites” (handmade pasta) and “kopanisti” local cheese of Syros
- Aubergines “Dellagratsiano” a kind of mousaka ( which actually means cooking in layers usually in the oven ) with local cheese, gruyere and San Michali, and tomato sauce
The meal can be arranged on request from Monday to Sunday.
Number of participants 1 and more.
TEL 6940 108 628
For more info please contact us here